Terms & Conditions
1. Availability: All products are sold subject to availability. If for any reason we are unable to complete your order, we will notify you as soon as possible. We reserve the right to substitute wines of an equal or higher value if necessary.
2. Prices: The prices shown are per bottle inclusive of VAT at the current rate unless otherwise stated and are perforce subject to currency and market changes and alterations in duty and VAT. Goods will be invoiced at the prices current at the date of delivery. All orders are subject to final confirmation and can only be cancelled before the products have been dispatched. The prices payable for the products that you order are clearly set out in the website. We reserve the right to amend price and availability information without notice. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we alert you before we ship the item concerned. The price of the items does not include the Delivery Charge which will be charged at the rates applicable at the date you place your order. There is no minimum purchase. All prices are in UK pounds Sterling and include VAT at 20%.
3. Payment: Once you have placed an order with us, you will receive an order acknowledgement email setting out the products you have ordered. This acknowledgement email is not an acceptance of your order by Quercus Wines. Your order will have only been accepted and the contract between you and Quercus Wines will have been created once the products have been shipped to you. All goods must be paid for in full before delivery will be made. You can pay for products purchased from Quercus Wines by using any of the following cards: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Maestro/Switch and Solo.
4. Risk & Property: The property in all goods delivered by the seller shall remain the property of the seller until the seller has received in cash or cleared fund payment in full for such goods, but the risk in such goods shall pass to the buyer upon delivery. All products on this website are offered subject to availability and remain the property of Quercus Wines until payment is received in full.
5. Cancellation: You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever within 7 working days of receipt of goods provided ALL OF THE BOTTLES ARE UNOPENED AND INTACT. A refund excluding return postage and packaging will be given within 30 days from the date you notify us of the cancellation. In order to cancel your order you must notify us in writing.
6. Vintage availability: We will always try to ensure that wines in stock are of the vintages shown on our website. However if one vintage becomes exhausted, the next available vintage will replace it. If this policy is objectionable, please let us know and we will try to make alternative arrangements to suit you.
Please be reminded that some of the pictures of wine labels show previous vintages that are no longer available. The vintages given in the text descriptions of wines are checked and updated regularly. Please bring any discrepancies to our attention by email.
If a particular product that is ordered is out of stock, you will be advised as to when the goods are likely to be dispatched. An alternative product may be offered and we will confirm details before dispatching. Occasionally with mixed cases of wine, we will substitute one wine for another of similar quality. However, if you ever have cause to disagree with our selections on these rare occasions, please contact us so that we can credit you accordingly.
7. Deliveries: We use a reliable courier service and offer a next working day delivery (Monday-Friday) service, if required. All next working day orders must be received by 2.30pm so that we can process them for delivery for the following day. Whilst every effort is made to meet next day delivery requests delivery on any particular day cannot be guaranteed and on occasions the couriers fail to meet this service, sometimes due to remote area deliveries or where addresses are unable to be found. Please note that orders cannot be left with a neighbour unless the courier can obtain a signature. If unable to deliver, the courier will leave a card with a phone number so another delivery day can be arranged.
We cannot be held responsible for incorrect delivery information provided by customers. If an address or post code is wrong and we have to redirect the parcel to an alternative address, there is a £10 redirection charge applicable.
8 . Breakages & shortages: If there are breakages we will refund the cost of the broken bottles to your credit card or send replacement bottles. We will refund any item that is received broken. PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO CHECK THE NUMBER OF PARCELS YOU ARE SIGNING FOR - WE CANNOT REPLACE WINES THAT HAVE BEEN SIGNED FOR BUT NOT ACTUALLY RECEIVED. Each consignment of goods should be carefully checked upon delivery to make sure that it is intact and in full. Claims for breakages will only be accepted if we are notified within 24 hours of delivery and the damaged products and their packaging are kept for inspection. The courier must be informed of breakages or shortages at the time of delivery. We will not accept any claims for breakages or shortages unless they are stated on the courier’s documentation. Although the courier should advise us if there are any breakages, it's still very important that you let us know as soon as possible of any stock damage once received so we can investigate with the delivery operator and source replacement wine for you. To prevent fraudulent damage claims we need to be made aware of damage immediately, thus we must be notified via e-mail or phone within 24 hours.
9. Returns: When a wine is corked or faulty we will happily offer a replacement or credit on the return to us of the bottle in question. We will provide a full refund of any products that are faulty. We may require faulty products to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary. This does not affect your statutory rights
10. Data Protection Act: To comply with the Data Protection Act 1984, we are required to inform you that we have recorded your name and address on our system. This will not be given to third parties. Data protection law gives you the right to access information held about you and your right to access can be exercised in accordance with that legislation.
11. Legal notice for the UK: It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years to purchase alcoholic beverages in the UK. Orders are not accepted from persons under the age of 18 years old and you must confirm your age when you create an account via our website. By placing an order you are making a representation that you are at least 18 years old. We can only deliver alcohol to persons over the age of 18 and by placing an order you agree to these conditions. All deliveries of alcohol, whether by third-party courier or our own vehicles, must be to a person aged 18 years or over and deliveries will not be left with anyone under the age of 18 years. All parcels sent out by third party courier will be by means of signed delivery. The only acceptable forms of proof of age are a passport, photographic driving licence or Proof of Age card bearing the 'PASS' hologram.
12. Spam: Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Act 2003, we do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam). We will only send you email newsletters if you have specifically stated that you wish to be on our mailing list.
13. Trading hours: We operate according to the terms of our Premises Licence and therefore we only process orders during the following hours:
Monday to Friday: 9am - 6pm
You can of course order outside these hours via our secure website and any order received outside these times will be processed in the next time period. We will acknowledge your order via e-mail.
14. Product information: We endeavour to advertise our products correctly. However we cannot guarantee the accuracy of information provided on our website concerning products, such as photographs, images, and descriptions of the products. Vintage years specified for wines and spirits may also be incorrect as we deplete the limited supply for any vintage year. We constantly update the website with the correct vintages, however, as and when stocks of older vintages are exhausted. Please contact us if you notice any errors.
15. Customer services: For all enquiries please email us at email@example.com. We aim to respond to all e-mails within 24 hours.
16. Statutory rights: These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. We assume no liability or responsibility however for any typographical or other errors or omissions in the content of this website.
18. Disclaimer: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Quercus Wines provides this website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no (and expressly disowns all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Additionally, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. These Terms and Conditions are governed and construed in accordance with English law and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to determine any disputes which may arise in connection with them.